A1 LIMNOS

Myrina, 81400 Limnos 

Tel: +30 22540 24617

Fax: +30 22540 22471

E-mail: a1@a1yachting.com


Channel 12


Limnos island belongs to the Eastern Aegean islands and it is located between Lesvos and Thassos. Its distance from the other Aegean islands has kept Limnos a calm tourist destination, away from mass tourism. In Greek mythology, Hephaestus, the god of fire and son of Zeus, fell on Limnos island from Mount Olympus and broke his leg. Lemnos island was ruled by the Venetians from the 14th century till the 16th century, when the Ottoman Turks occupied the island. During the First Balkan War, the Greek navy took control of the island from the Turks. On October 1912, Lemnos island became part of Greece. Myrina is the main town and most important port. On top of a hill overlooking the town, there is a Medieval Fortress that offers panoramic views of the island, the Aegean Sea and Mount Athos. Myrina town has an interesting mix of old and new buildings, where tourists can find Neoclassical buildings from the 19th century. In a walking distance from Myrina, there are some nice sandy beaches. Buses also depart to many villages and beaches around Limnos island. The second largest village of Limnos is Moudros, a fishing village with a large natural port. Close to Moudros, there are the beaches of Keros and Zemata, ideal for windsurfing due to the strong winds that blow in the afternoon.